On Tuesday night, Laura, Hannah, Mckenzie, and I all decided to form a team, the Pigtails (we all wore our hair in pigtails) and participate in the annual event of pig wrestling in the Park County Fair. Yes, you read it right - it is exactly what the name entails. We joined forces to tackle a pig and put him in a barrel, while slipping and sliding in a fenced-in section of thick, slimy mud. Having done this two years prior, I felt confident in my pig-wrestling capabilities, having caught the pig within the time limit and medaling both times. Which I have to say, I'm very proud of. That, however, was when we were dealing with a pig that was about fifty pounds lighter. Reaching the ages of adulthood, we were placed in the Women's section which means a bigger pig and older, more experienced competition. Being the very last team to go, we pep-talked and strategized and felt that we had this in the "barrel." For the most part, our plan on catching and tackling the pig, after a few slips and misses, went smoothly. When we all had a hold on it, there was a new problem we hadn't planned for. The four of us combined, we struggled with all our might, but to no avail. We could not pick up the pig. After acknowledging this, we admitted defeat to hear the buzzer go off, telling us that time was up. Although we had greater expectations of the outcome, we were able to come off having a fun experience of getting good and dirty, and looking cute while doing it!

3 comments:
How many other people can say their sister is a chanpioni pig wrestler?
I love it! I can't say I've even tried it, but it sounds like fun!
looks like you guys had so much fun. too bad i missed it. but you looked extremely cute with you pigtails.
Post a Comment