Being attached to my three other friends for every single year of Girls Camp, I thought this year was going to be hard without any of them. I figured that it was the place I should go as long as I didn't have anything else to do, which this summer - let's face it - I've practically done nothing. So I was off to camp, with a slightly negative attitude, thinking that the only social contact I would have was following Jessica and Raelyn around, getting ignored most of the time. This was pretty much how the first couple hours went, until I decided to break out of my bubble and start talking to new people. I met a girl from Cody named Brooke and when we started talking it was actually really easy. We had so much in common and by the middle of the day we were joking around and having a good time. Another thing that was really fun was that I was over the second years - the same girls I had the previous summer. They all ran to hug me when they came into camp, so I felt very special and loved. We all had a good time playing games, hiking, and just all hanging out together. On the hike we talked about all kinds of fun random things, one of which included them asking about my little brother, Zach, who is the same age as them. Needless to say it was a tad awkward thinking of lil' Zachy in social interactions with members of the opposite sex. But I guess he is growing up and it's something we'll all have to deal with eventually. The goofy girl in the middle of me and Brooke was one of the curious ones. She was so cute, she kept us entertained all during the 5 hour hike. Apart from the lack of showers, running on an average of four hours of sleep each night, and getting eaten alive by bugs, this final year of Girl's Camp was probably one of the best!
1 comment:
Wow! I never thought about Zach like that either. I guess we are all growing up, it it weird however!
Post a Comment