So last night, at about ten thirty when everyone at the Kienlen home is in my bed...lame, I know, I'm talking on the phone to Hannah and Laura who are driving around town being bored. I'm just doing my getting ready for bed routine (having nothing else to do since my family ditches me at like nine) while I listen to them decide on something fun to do. I tell them I'm going to go to bed and I'll talk to them later. I finish washing my face and brushing my teeth, then I go back into my room to open my window that had been shut earlier that morning when there was an annoying orange cat (who will remain nameless for privacy purposes) meowing at around 6:00 in the morning - which might come as a surprise to you but that is a tad earlier than I get up on a summer morning...Anyways so I'm opening the window and I freeze - I heard footsteps. Someone was in my yard! My first reaction was to freak out and run upstairs to my sleeping, snoring dad.
Then it hit me. Laura and Hannah are playing a joke on me, having nothing else to do in our tiny town. So I started talking out of my window saying how it didn't work because I knew it was them. When they didn't come out I said I was just going to sit under my window and wait for them to scare me. So I did. Then being the smart, sneaky person I am, I decided to call Hannah's phone, hoping she forgot to put it on silent. When she answers, she is completely confused and so am I because I can't hear her talking outside when she was clearly talking on the phone. Then I just assumed Laura was doing the scaring for her. Hannah said that I'm freaking her out because they were at McDonald's eating ice cream, but they wanted to drive by and see if they could see anybody.
At this point, I'm starting to get a little creeped and start inching my way away from underneath my window. About three minutes later, I hear Hannah's car pull up, and being the chicken she is, Hannah stays in the car while Laura ventures on to check things out. She opens the fence gate and enters our yard. Seeing my light on through my window, she starts to sprint toward it, freaked out herself. About mid-yard, we both hear a "Hey, what are you doing?!" Laura jumps and screams at the same time - I duck below my window ledge once more. After the first second of shock I realize I recognize that voice. Laura coming to her senses asks "Are you Lexi's dad?" And we both start laughing because it turns out my dad was out there the whole time. He didn't hear me talking out my window how I wasn't scared and that they were being dumb and all sorts of other things I said to try and convince the somebody out there and myself that I wasn't freaked out of my mind because he was laying on the tramp, listening to a book on CD on his mp3 player. All in all, it was pretty funny night. Maybe you would have just had to have been there to find it as amusing as we all did.
4 comments:
Poor you Alexa-- freaked out of your little mind! Sounds really funny though, I wish I could have seen it!!!
Haha lexi. I thought it was going to be some boy trying to sneak to your window. But I guess you can't blame Dad too much he was actually up past the usual bed time when "you family ditches you". It would have been really funny if he had heard you calling out your window!! HAHA
reminds me of another time when someone was sneaking around our house, freaking me out!
I remember that time. That was not fun. By the way, annoying orange cat, perhaps Orange? Way to be subtle.
Post a Comment