Sunday, August 17, 2008

Nickel and Dimed

This is one of the books I had to read this summer for my AP Composition class. I had a hard time getting through it because it didn't have any vampires or werewolves or any kind of romantic interests in it, but overall I thought it was a real eye-opener. It's about an undercover writer that takes low-wage jobs around America and see if she can get by, paying all of her expenses. The people she meets and experiences she endures were all very interesting to read about. I learned a lot and realized just how blessed I am to be able to be in the family that I am. I get the opportunity to go into whatever career I want and go to college while some of these people struggle from one paycheck to the next while living in their cars or in two bedroom apartments with eight other people. It's definitely a good book to read if you get the chance.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

one down, one to go!

Anonymous said...

i want to start a blog! lol well it seems fun and i get really bored at work but i dont know if i want to spend my time writing all the time either... choices choices :D

Cori said...

Way to go lexi. You are so so smart and so good for spending your summer doing homework for the next school year! I miss you (but see you next weekend! For my BIRTHDAY!...just another reminder). Have fun starting tennis practice this week, show then how awesome you are and that you will be a champion again this year!!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

finally you finished it. it has been like forever.