Thursday, October 27, 2011

I'm going to be a teacher!

After having my mid-college crisis, I came to the conclusion to change my major to Math Education. I felt pretty good and excited about this new change. I honestly can say that I am headed for the right direction because the more I think about being a high school math teacher, the more excited I get! That's not to say that there aren't a few bumps along the road. Not having taken a math class for two years really rocked my world the first month of college Calculus. Not going to lie, this made me start to question if I could handle majoring in math. But I was reaffirmed in my decision after having completed two "observation days," one in a 6th grade math class and the other in a 4th grade class. I loved being back in a school again! It was so fun to be looked up to by the kids and being around their high energy.

While observing:

-In the fourth grade class when asked to partner up, one girl was paired with a boy, she had an absolute look of disgust on her face.....I would really like to see her in another 5 years in the same situation.

-I was told I look like I am in high school.

-When I said my favorite color was green in my introduction, there were so many shouts on how that was THEIR favorite color too! One boy even had to show me his green pencils.

-6th grade girls are so complimentary, I was told multiple times how pretty I was.

-I heard this about 5 times, "It's under there." "Under where?" "Underwear!!!!"

-Along with this:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hh6w-r17hk

3 comments:

Bronson said...

Hahaha! Kids are the funniest! :D Oh, and those 6th grade girls were just telling it like it is. :)

Kelli said...

I'm so excited for you to be a teacher! - sounds like observing is a lot of fun! CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU NEXT WEEK! :)

Anonymous said...

Some jokes just NEVER go away. Glad things are going well