This year I just couldn't get enough of it. These are some of the talks that really stood out to me.
Elder Boyd K. Packer spoke in the Saturday morning session. He spoke of the power we have, claiming our second estate, our bodies. One line that really stuck out to me was that the Atonement is the key we have to the prison we lock ourselves in through sin. And the Atonement, no matter what it is, can heal whatever hurts. I believe this to be true. He also advises us to look forward to the future, that even in the awfulness that surrounds us in the last days, we still can have the righteous desires of our hearts, and we must live a life to get them.
Sister Elaine S. Dalton's talk in the Sunday morning session was so sweet. She talked about the important roles a father has in raising a daughter. Her advice was to love her mother. It made me think of all the things my dad did for me growing up, some of which I resented (not being allowed to hangout with boys before I was 16) and how I was so blessed to grow up in a home that had a father who held the priesthood and a mother. It made me so excited for the future in my own family on the things I am looking for in a husband.
Other quotes that I liked from the Conference were:
"Our Heavenly Father loves us so much that the things that are important to us become important to Him." - J. Devn Cornish
"The Atonement covers all of the unfairness of life." - Elder Quentin L. Cook
"The greatest compliment in this life is to be known as a 'covenant keeper.'" - Elder Russell M. Nelson
"Look up. Most of what we worry about will not effect our eternal salvation, and if it does the Lord will help with it." - Carl B. Cook
Also, there's going to be a Wyoming temple! (These truly are the last days)


4 comments:
I really wish I had be able to listen to all the sessions of conference, but that's what the Ensign is for, right? :) Keep up the good habit of updating you blog!
Wow, someone was taking notes! Love you :)
love it! :D I'm so glad you finally updated your blog :D
Love this post because I loved General Conference too! Also-- totally agree about the last days temple comment -- SO EXCITING!
Post a Comment