Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Mid-Semester Crisis

My history teacher makes it very hard to comprehend what he is talking about during class. This gives me a lot of time to think of things not pertaining to the early years of our American government and stray from my afore mentioned theme for my year of 2011. These were my thoughts yesterday:

Why I am even taking this class?... Oh, I need it for my Associates. ...What good is an Associates? ... I'm sick of school, what can I do with an Associates?... Do I even want to be a hygienist? 

all of the way until....

What am I doing with my life?! Where am I headed?! I am going to end up on the streets because I don't have a plan! 

So I left class none the wiser of the founding fathers' idea of Democracy and full of complete, irrational, unnecessary stress. I went home and tried to weigh out my options. For those of you that know me, know that I absolutely DESPISE spending money when I am not making it due to this innate, penny pinching quality I have. One thing that I decided I could do was apply for jobs. This is something I do sometimes to qualm my fears of if worst came to worst and my savings absolutely depleted - I would at least maybe have a source of income even if the job was completely awful. 

I literally spent a total of 10 careless yet therapeutic minutes creating a brief resume of my work and college experience on a job hunting site for St. George, and sending it to jobs that sounded mildly appealing, with the thoughts of, "Well it couldn't hurt."

Then not even an hour later, I received a call back for a receptionist position at a business called Synergy. I went in for an interview and had to be assessed for my typing skills. Turns out, they had filled the position of receptionist and offered me a part time job as a telemarketer which I am still debating. Not bad, though for a class period and a couple more minutes of impracticality I would say.

2 comments:

Bronson said...

Hmmm.... I can't say that I would enjoy being a telemarketer BUT that is an income, and hence, that makes me jealous.

Kelli said...

You're so cool! I'm so jealous! Way to go! Welcome to the working world (if you take the job!).