In my freshman year of high school in my Algebra 2 class, the information that the formulas we had always known for finding the diameter and circumference of a circle (π x diameter and π x radius squared) was not in fact completely accurate and that there was actually a (x° / 360) in front of the formula brought us to shock and awe that the world as we had once known it would be changed forever. Teachers had been not giving us the whole truth since the 5th grade!!
Yesterday, I had one such experience. Since our mail box is conveniently placed beside the sidewalk headed toward campus and since I have come to have a greater increase in mail in the last couple months, I have developed the habit of opening our #6 mailbox every time I walk by. As I was walking back to the apartment for my lunch break, I opened the mailbox and found a letter. Regardless of being completely bummed out, seeing that the receiver's name was not my own, I decide to be a good, thoughtful person and bring the mail up to the apartment. I lay it on the table and proceed to put my delicious lunch (a tuna fish sandwich and a yogurt).
Kim, my roommate comes to the table and looks at the letter puzzled and says, "I could have sworn I put this in the mailbox this morning." I absentmindedly tell her that it was in the mailbox, and I did not mention the fact that I was so nice as to have brought it up for her. She then informs me that it was out-going mail. What?!
Apparently, you can MAIL THINGS FROM YOUR OWN MAIL BOX! Who knew?! I do not know why I never wondered about the red flag that you put up when you have something for the postman. I do not know why I never thought that there was any way but the post office to send your mail. This little priceless gem is going to save me A LOT of walking to the drop off box in the mini post office in the Red Rock Cafe for my many future out-going letters.

3 comments:
Oh Lexi...so young, so naive.
Sorry I failed in my motherhood duties to let you in on this fact.
You make me laugh! :D
xoxo
Post a Comment