Sunday, June 13, 2010

Work, work, and more work

This is what my summer life has consisted of - working 48 hours a week. When I'm not driving to and from work (it's in Cody), you will find me sleeping. I've becoming a stranger in my home, leaving before I see anyone because they are off working and what not and then coming home after they have gone to bed. Sundays now truly are my day of rest. I really do love this job though, it's bringing in the much needed income. For those of you that don't know, I'm a super saver and it was driving me CRAZY spending money when there was no money coming in. Who knew that selling fireworks could be so dull sometimes. I have had time to do my daily scripture studying, read the two books in the Hunger Games series, had conversations with Jess of the meaning of Life, watched a plethora of movies (great deals at Wal-Mart...fyi), and I've slowly increased my knowledge in fireworks. People are actually starting to believe me when I tell them what is good and what they do and what to buy! I especially love when people who have absolutely no clue come in and they just hang on my every word and buy all of my recommendations. It gives me a small sense of authority right up until a man will come in and not believe me about the most powerful firecrackers. There have been two occasions once with Matt and once with my dad keeping me company at the store, where the customers will completely ignore my correct answers and look to either of them for information. Apparently being of the male gender means you know about fireworks. For now that is a complete update on my life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would believe you! :)

Erin said...

if fireworks were allowed here, I would ask your opinion on some!