5. I can shower basically ANY time of the day in a shower that doesn't always look dirty as much as you scrub and scrub and scrub it (my home shower is ALWAYS spotless though due to my mother's regimen cleaning schedule) and not have three other girls needing to get into the bathroom at any time. There is also a lock so I will never feel like I could be barged in on by ANYONE at any second.
4. My bed is probably the 5th comfiest bed in the world...with high thread count sheets that are cool to your skin to get into and 6 pillows to smother around you and enough room to roll over and not fall off (never happened but still it's a likely possibility with such tiny dorm beds)
3. I don't have to eat cafeteria food. Sure the parfaits, the muffins, the chocolate milk and the omelets were pretty delicious...but they are not exactly the best choices to live off the entire year if health is taken into consideration. I get complete healthy meals with vegetables that I never exactly craved in my life until I didn't have them. I now consider any meat that is not chicken or hamburger a delicacy.
2. I don't have to do laundry. I realize that this is a rare occurrence in the American Family these days so I do not take for granted a mother who washes my dirty clothes with love. At school, every two weeks...that was as long as I could push it until I ran out of socks and underwear...I would have to haul my gargantuan laundry bag down six flights of stairs then make a trip back up to grab my basket and laundry supplies. Once my laundry was complete, I would have made around a total of 6 trips up and down those stairs to get all of my laundry done. Needless to say, that was about my whole Saturday.
1. My family is usually less than a room away to talk to. Even with today's communication advantages of cellphones, texting, and skype, it's still just not the same as living with the people you love and having them always there to chat with. I love that I can step out of my room and most of the time find my mom in the kitchen - baking something delicious - or go upstairs and watch tv with my dad while having conversation, or even going downstairs to watch Zach play video games and try to pry into his life.

4 comments:
I am so jealous! I want to be home too!
awh im glad your home. mom via cori
:D i like!
same goes for you missy! get on the blogging! ;) i love to spend time reading you blog too!
Post a Comment