Sunday, September 21, 2008

Homecoming Week!

After begging and pleading and complaining to Coach Bieber, he talked to Mr. Jones, our vice principal, and asked if he could change the homecoming week dates to when the tennis team would be there. It was first scheduled to be on the week we went to state tennis, but Mr. Jones changed it since that happened to us last year, and it wouldn't have been fair for us to have to miss it two years in a row. So we got to be there everyday and take advantage of all the dressing up days, go to the football game and dance. I was so happy that mom and I baked sugar cookies and decorated them like tennis balls to give to him. Here are the dress up days:


Monday: Super Hero/Villain Day
There were a lot better costumes worn by the boys with the complete Spiderman body suit, so I technically wasn't Spiderman - just a supporter. The people at the Heartland, the place where I am doing my service project - I'm serving lunch there, made a lot of comments on my socks and loved them.

Tuesday: Color Day, Seniors-Blue
Yeah, that really is a PO on the side of my face...I wasn't thinking at six o'clock in the morning about mirrors showing things backwards - it was supposed to be '09. Don't worry though...I only got to 2nd period before anyone said anything... :)

Wednesday: Cowboys and Indians Day/Homecoming Olympics
I didn't have time to get an outfit together that morning, but here's a picture of my Homecoming Olympics team - The Pantherettes: Laura, Hannah, Mckenzie, Kelli, Chelsea, Kelsey, Kayla, Sarah, and me. We had a good time flinging flood, catching water balloons, smashing eggs, sumo wrestling, catapulting sponges, and finally pulling at tug-a-war across a mud pit. I was so ready to shower when I got home and it was AMAZING.

Unstoppable!

Laura lost her balance in this picture after trying to look tough...

The Toddlers were our rivals the entire time, competing against us in every challenge. We still managed to stay friends.

Thursday: 80s DayEverything but the heels were so comfy, I could have really gotten used to living in the 80s.


Friday: Orange and Black DayZach and I were all ready to go cheer on the Panthers against the Riverton Wolverines in our orange and black. The game ended in victory with the score finishing in 34-6. Needless to say, everyone was in the best of moods at the dance!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm first to comment! Love the pictures. You really got into homecoming week.

Lauren said...

You look SO pretty! It looked like a blast! I cant wait to see yall again!

erin said...

You look so cute in all your outfits. I love the PO.

Anonymous said...

you really showed some great school spirit. i love the 80's look it was amazing.