I apologize that this post is not too detailed, but something is better than nothing right? Things I think of note that happened in the last couple months up until now:
Summer 2011
I went home to Wyoming for the summer and was all alone. Three of my best friends from Powell all had great adventures going on during the summer months (check out their blogs) and I went back to selling fireworks. Not to complain, because I really did love living at home again, sleeping in my own bed, having my mom take care of me, making and saving some money, but there really was nothing too interesting to report about the summer except that I...
....And my mom continued our annual tradition of running in the 5 mile Montana Women's Run. I made it until 500 yards to the finish line before I puked, having taken cold medicine prior to the race. Hopefully next year will go smoother....but we still shaved off about 6 minutes of our last year's time!
....Saw the midnight showing of the last installment of the Harry Potter movies (with a date......and my mom) which was AH-MAZING!
....Drove 24 hours for a two day trip to St. George after the midnight showing
....Brought back four year old Mr. Q, who puked 2 hours into the 12 hour drive
....Made friends with plenty of bikers toward the end of the summer that were coming through for Sturgis, I got many invites to the bars (all of which I declined).
Funny/Embarrassing Story:
One night these two middle-age guys came in to the store to stop by to look at the fireworks. Towards the end of the summer, I love whenever anyone comes in because they will usually chat and entertain me for awhile since there's really not a whole lot to do in a firework store in August. These guys were talking to me and asked me to take them around the store to show them what was good. They were very friendly, making jokes and teasing me and challenging me on my knowledge of fireworks. When we got to the roman candles, they asked why there were different sizes and I immediately respond, "Oh it's because those ones have smaller balls." They didn't even have a second to crack a joke or make it awkward because I turned bright red and started laughing uncontrollably. If it wasn't obvious before, it was clear that I was very young.
....Watched tons of movies...the only ones really worth remembering were The Adjustment Bureau, Limitless, and Unstoppable
....Read The Help and 1,000 White Women both very good, and have been the only novels I have read since Breaking Dawn was released
Fall 2011
--I started my junior year of college with an Associates of Arts degree, and am looking at about another four years to get my degree in Math Education. Good thing I'm excited about it! Calculus is a beast after having gone a year and a half without giving the slightest after thought to math, but I love my education classes, and I am sure that I am heading in the right direction.
--There was a YSA Conference where John Bytheway AND Elder Dallin H. Oaks came to speak! The day was truly a day of spiritual feasting, I learned so much! It was just like EFY with hints (maybe not so subtle) to get married. I absolutely love the Institute program in St. George! They sure take good care of us.
--My roommate of two years, Camilla, got married!!!! She was absolutely stunning, and the day was just filled with so much joy and beauty, it's hard not to imagine how anyone would settle for anything less than a temple marriage.
2 comments:
I would have to say that this entry was pretty detailed! Was it coincidence that I didn't know ANY of those stories before now? :P
Thanks for taking me along on some of your adventures!
Post a Comment