Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Recent Adventures

First and foremost, I AM NO LONGER A TEENAGER!!!! (So if you notice a much more mature nature to my blog in future - this is the cause).

My birthday was FANTASTIC, my family and Matty (and his mother) are so great for making it a special day for me even from miles away. I loved answering the door to find packages of the BEST cake I have ever eaten from a box, an iTunes card, delicious smelling soaps, and my very favorite kind of underwear in the mail just for me! Don't worry, Elder McArthur sent me a pink arrangement of flowers  which is still looking beautiful a week and a half later. Kim got me My Fair Lady because she knows how much I love Audrey Hepburn, Ash made me some of her delicious hot cocoa, and Willy and Dallas got me a Dora the Explorer calendar and a change purse all making it super day for me. Facebook is so great for birthdays because your wall is just covered with posts and every time you sign on you have new updates to make you feel awesome. I also got a free Denny's Grand Slam with my roommates and Bronson which was pretty amazing!

Dixie had the famous hypnotist, Bruce McDonald, come for a Friday night show a couple weeks ago. It was hilarious! We watched some of the people we see everyday on campus do some pretty wild things. My favorite part was when this boy from our singles ward named Josh did a whole rendition of BadRomance by Lady Gaga. He had quite the moves.

These last two weeks have been the time of meeting new people and going out. Camilla and I went on a group date with one of our married friend's husband's friends (if that makes sense). We played with Nerf guns in a Stake Center, playing capture the flag. I absolutely loved sneaking around, being all evasive and plotting tactics on saving my teammates from prison. I am pretty sure I would be awesome in a military setting....just kidding.

Last Saturday, I was asked out by Jerold from our ward. We went to Cafe Rio (amazing pork salads!) and had a lot of fun joking and telling stories whilst finger painting with a Crayola paint set. I found that I have quite some talent in the area, while maybe Jerold needed a little more practice. It was really nice and a change of pace to be asked out on an official date.

On Sunday, we had a full apartment of visitors Camilla and Ash met at the bonfire the night before for Kim's famous pumpkin pie after the Fireside. It was really cool to make so many new friends all at once. I made a new friend named Shane who will be added to my tennis buddy collection. They then invited us to their ward "game night." On our making new friends high, we became adopted into their ward for activities. More to come on those activities, I'm sure!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

WOW! sounds like you are having fun! I'm a little jealous of all your adventures!

Anonymous said...

Oh the fun of college life!Enjoy!