So three weeks ago, I sort of got bullied into manning the booth for the Running Club during Club Rush in the middle of campus. At first, I thought was a joke the entire time some friends of ours were planning it during dinner conversations in the Cafeteria, but it is now an official club at Dixie State. It turned out that I could get a lot of recruits just with a smile and handing them a V8 juice, but more then half of them have yet to show up to a meeting.
The president, Richard, had always been pestering me and Camilla to join him on runs since the end of last semester. We always came up with very believable yet lame excuses to evade waking up at 6 in the morning to run. On Monday night, after FHE there were no excuses left and three members of the club actually came up to our dorm room to make sure we committed to going with them that night.
We jogged on this cool path on the outskirts of St. George for two miles. I didn't expect to absolutely love it so much and I found myself wanting to jog the distance back to where we started even though Camilla and the rest of the people didn't. Richard, in impeccable shape and not wanting to leave me on my own at 9:00 at night, ran along with me. We ended the last stretch of in a dead sprint where I'm happy to say I really held my own and gave him a run for his money, and I'm totally addicted to that feeling after you pushed yourself so hard and accomplished so much. The entire time felt so amazing that I think this is one of the things I'm going to look forward to most through the week for the rest of the semester.

2 comments:
way to go. I need to start running again
Sounds like a great way to clear the stress of your day! Glad Richard was watching out for you though I'm not sure what he could do against a would be attacker being only 110 LBS. Who is that light?!
Post a Comment