Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sundog

When I was driving to school this morning from seminary, the coolest thing was happening with the sun coming up. You could see the sun rising as usual but on both sides of it there were two columns of bright light that looked like a rainbow. I was giving Lisa Schermiester a ride and neither of us could figure out of what it was. In the morning announcements however, Mr. Miller came on and told us that what was happening was a natural phenomenon called a Sundog that occurs from the sunlight reflecting off the ice to form a wide circle around it. I found some cool pictures of them to kind of give you an idea what we saw this morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw it too! It was cool. Wish is wasn't so cold here.

erin said...

wow. How cold is it there?

Nate and Hilary said...

That's awesome! I've never heard of that before, but I sure wish I would have been outside to see it firsthand!