Monday, June 23, 2008

The Secret Life of Receptionists

Having worked three days for my dad I feel comfortable saying that I have gotten an in-depth perspective on what Deb really does...just kidding! I can count on two hands the number of calls I've answered and the number of people that have actually come in for their appointments. I'm beginning to suspect that it's not such a coincidence that it is so dead when I am filling in...

But it hasn't been a complete waste of time - I've had to become very resourceful on ways to entertain myself like spinning in Deb's computer chair for minutes at a time, searching for crazy facts on the Internet, i.e. the "Very Interesting..." post, calling and texting my friends to come and visit me, and writing emails to no end. I don't think I've ever been so in-touch with people by email in my life. I've mastered the art of at least appearing to be doing something professional looking when someone walks in.

1 comment:

erin said...

You know you could always clean the glasses if you got too bored!